Friday, January 14, 2011

Ten is my Magic Number

So everybody seems to have that one thing that they are always shopping for. Maybe it's cell phones and you want the latest and greatest. Maybe it's shoes and you already own 30 + pairs. For me, it must be strollers :)

As Maverick's arrival is coming closer and closer I find myself wanting a new stroller for him. I know you all must be thinking, but why, Lindsay.....you certainly must have one that will work just fine.

Well, believe it or not I have NINE strollers! Yes, you read that correctly.....9. The other thing that's hard for me to believe is it was almost impossible for me to find a picture of all of them. In some cases the pictures posted here are the only record that these stroller exist. I couldn't even find some pictures of them. It's not that we don't/didn't use them, it's just I never really took pictures of them.

Here's my aresenal, and why I liked it at the time, but it's no longer suitable for me.

#1-Suburban of all single baby strollers

This is the "travel system" stroller that it seems every new mom gets. It is humongous! It is actually larger when folded down than my sit'n'stand. It's fine when you have one baby an infinite space to store it, but now it's on my "to sell" list. Too Big!

# 2 Snap'n'go
I didn't even have a picture of this one, but we still have it. This stroller was purchased solely for flying with Chandler in his infant carseat. Chandler flew two times before he was one with me solo and I needed the most compact stroller available that would hold his carseat too. This one is still a keeper.

# 3 Single Jogging Stroller

This is the first jogging stroller that we had when we only had one child. I love jogging strollers for walks around the neighborhood and the lake. It was a great stroller, but it's on the "to sell" list since we need one with a bigger capacity (at least two seats)

# 4 Compact Stroller

This is the first smaller, single stroller that we purchased. This was purchased for our first flying trip also. I flew with Chandler with the snap'n'go and Derek drove to FL with this stroller in the car. This stroller works great babies that can sit up unassisted. It does have a canopy and a basket underneath which is nice. It also has a tray and parent cup holders. Complaints are that it doesn't fold as compactly as an umbrella stroller. This one may or may not survive the big sell off.

# 5 Umbrella Stroller

Somebody gave me a very cheapy umbrella stroller. It stays at my moms house and both boys enjoy a ride up and down the driveway in it. It's not even worth selling. You couldn't even get $5 for it.

# 6 Sit'N'Stand

This was a stroller that I new I needed with babies 18 months apart. It is a sit'n'stand that came with a full seat in the back that could be later converted to a bench seat when Chandler was older. This is currently our main stroller for out and about. Here's a picture of Brighton in the front from summer 2009.

Cons to this stroller are that it's huge. It's great for hauling many kids and a lot of stuff, but when traveling it takes up a lot of room. That's why we got stroller # 7

# 7 Double Umbrella Stroller
I don't even have a picture of "our" version of this stroller, but it's just like this only black and red. It's great when traveling with two that need a stroller. I wish it had a canopy for shade, but for the compact size it is, I sacrificed that. This is a keeper, for now.

# 8 Double Jogging Stroller

This is our beloved double jogging stroller. We use this one all the time for walks around the neighborhood. Although Chandler likes to ride his bike around the lake (which actually fits in the basket underneath the stroller) the second seat is there for when he gets tired. We'll probably keep this one rather than the single jogger since somebody always will want to rest.

# 9 Sit'N'Stand -- duplicate of #6
My mother in law keeps a sit'n'stand at her house for occasional walks around the neighborhood. It was a hand me down from a co-worker, but is still in good shape and works well when we need it.

So that bring me to stroller # 10

# 10 B-Nimble

Isn't she a beauty? So I don't technically own this one yet, but I'm eyeing her. I like this one because it folds as compactly as an umbrella stroller.....great for all the traveling we want to do this summer. It is also compatible with an infant car seat unlike other umbrella strollers. It does have a clip on cup holder, but no snack tray. It has a large canopy and basket underneath. There is a great sale coming up at Babies-R-Us where you can trade in old baby gear for 25% off coupon and I plan to take advantage of this. Thanks to Jennifer and Angie for passing along no-longer-needed carseats so I have something to trade!

Okay, so now you know more than you'll ever need to about strollers and why Ten is My magic number, for now ;)

1 comment:

Denise said...

I see a new support group... Strollers Anonymous! We have the same stroller (#9) - the double "jogging" stroller. Love it! We have 3 strollers and that feels like a lot! You are funny!!